The DeCypherHMM™ algorithm is our version of the popular HMMER 2.0 algorithm, which utilizes Hidden Markov Models to compare protein sequences. This sensitive algorithm allows one to compare distantly related sequences and in the process, identify the domain structure of protein families. The DeCypherHMM™ suite is available as a DeCypher module in our DeCypher® systems.
- Model-based analysis helps characterize multi-domain proteins.
- Includes both hmmsearch and hmmpfam
- Frameshift-tolerance helps you classify evolutionarily divergent proteins.
- Ideal for classifying novel proteins for metagenomics studies.
- Easily build and expand model databases from your sequence data.
- Can return multiple hits per protein domain using J-state processing.